What is the Honda Sensing Package?
Next to the stellar safety ratings of new Honda vehicles, the Honda Sensing package stands as further proof of the automaker’s commitment to your well-being. This Honda safety suite helps give drivers throughout Bayonne and Newark a greater awareness of their surroundings by way of its bundle of cutting-edge active driver assists.
If you’re wondering, “Is Honda Sensing worth it,” why not compare it to similar safety systems like Subaru Eyesight? Be sure to visit Metro Honda in Jersey City for a test drive of any Honda Sensing-equipped vehicle on our lot.
Honda Safety Features: What Does Honda Sensing Include?
The Honda Sensing package is found on all 2018 Honda Accord and Honda Clarity models and can also be acquired on certain trims throughout the rest of the Honda lineup. For instance, if you opt for the new Honda Civic Sedan, Honda Sensing comes standard on the Touring trim and is also available on the LX, EX, EX-T and EX-L models with an automatic transmission. The Honda Sensing package boosts safety to new heights with driver assist technologies that include:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS): Using a millimeter-wave radar sensor, CMBS is able to identify slowing or stopped vehicles ahead and, in certain circumstances, will automatically brake if the driver takes no action.
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW): FCW, which works alongside CMBS, can detect straight-ahead vehicles with its forward-facing camera. Should you fail to react, CMBS will then implement automatic braking.
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW): With its camera, LDW is capable of recognizing lane markings; if the system thinks you are unintentionally drifting from your lane, it’ll will utilize both visual and audible warnings to alert you of your movement.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC): While also acting as a traditional cruise control that lets you set a predetermined speed, ACC goes one step further by also allowing you to set a distance interval, which it will then maintain through automatic braking and acceleration of your vehicle.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS): At speeds of 45 mph and higher, LKAS uses steering torque to help keep your vehicle centered in its lane.
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM): If the system thinks you’re leaving the road unintentionally or switching lanes without using a signal, RDM can apply steering torque to return your vehicle to its previous position.
Experience Honda Sensing at Metro Honda
To see Honda Sensing technology in action, contact Metro Honda today to schedule an appointment! You can even learn more about other safety features like Honda LaneWatch™. At our Jersey City Honda dealership, we look forward to demonstrating all the ways the new Honda lineup can help keep you safe.
Recent News from Metro Honda
When you’re shopping for your next crossover for your Bayonne commute, then you not only want to make sure you have power, spacious, and fully loaded model but also one that can keep you safe no matter where the road takes you. That’s why the 2020 Honda Pilot safety ratings demonstrate offer drivers more peace…
When it comes to dependable sedans, it’s no wonder so many new and experienced Bayonne drivers turn to models like the 2020 Honda Civic. This newly updated sedan lineup features top-of-the-line Honda engineering along with other performance features that deliver a truly well-rounded ride. Learn more about how you can benefit from the new 2020…
Bayonne drivers have comes to appreciate the incredible performance and capabilities of the 2020 Honda Pilot, but this Honda crossover also provides the ample interior room you need to take everything you need along for the ride. The new 2020 Honda Pilot cargo space and dimensions are specially crafted to secure your belongings and keep…