What is the Honda Sensing Package?
Next to the stellar safety ratings of new Honda vehicles, the Honda Sensing package stands as further proof of the automaker’s commitment to your well-being. This Honda safety suite helps give drivers throughout Bayonne and Newark a greater awareness of their surroundings by way of its bundle of cutting-edge active driver assists.
If you’re wondering, “Is Honda Sensing worth it,” why not compare it to similar safety systems like Subaru Eyesight? Be sure to visit Metro Honda in Jersey City for a test drive of any Honda Sensing-equipped vehicle on our lot.
Honda Safety Features: What Does Honda Sensing Include?
The Honda Sensing package is found on all 2018 Honda Accord and Honda Clarity models and can also be acquired on certain trims throughout the rest of the Honda lineup. For instance, if you opt for the new Honda Civic Sedan, Honda Sensing comes standard on the Touring trim and is also available on the LX, EX, EX-T and EX-L models with an automatic transmission. The Honda Sensing package boosts safety to new heights with driver assist technologies that include:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS): Using a millimeter-wave radar sensor, CMBS is able to identify slowing or stopped vehicles ahead and, in certain circumstances, will automatically brake if the driver takes no action.
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW): FCW, which works alongside CMBS, can detect straight-ahead vehicles with its forward-facing camera. Should you fail to react, CMBS will then implement automatic braking.
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW): With its camera, LDW is capable of recognizing lane markings; if the system thinks you are unintentionally drifting from your lane, it’ll will utilize both visual and audible warnings to alert you of your movement.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC): While also acting as a traditional cruise control that lets you set a predetermined speed, ACC goes one step further by also allowing you to set a distance interval, which it will then maintain through automatic braking and acceleration of your vehicle.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS): At speeds of 45 mph and higher, LKAS uses steering torque to help keep your vehicle centered in its lane.
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM): If the system thinks you’re leaving the road unintentionally or switching lanes without using a signal, RDM can apply steering torque to return your vehicle to its previous position.
Experience Honda Sensing at Metro Honda
To see Honda Sensing technology in action, contact Metro Honda today to schedule an appointment! You can even learn more about other safety features like Honda LaneWatch™. At our Jersey City Honda dealership, we look forward to demonstrating all the ways the new Honda lineup can help keep you safe.
Recent News from Metro Honda
Honda SUVs have already displayed how they can be fuel efficient and reliable on Bayonne and Newark roads and beyond. However, with the 2020 Honda Pilot towing capacity, you can add even more power to your commute. So, how much can the Honda Pilot tow? Metro Honda is here to break down this Honda SUV’s incredible…
Aside from its incredible reliability and safety, another one of the benefits of the new 2020 Honda CR-V is its size and build. The 2020 Honda CR-V dimensions offer Bayonne and Newark drivers plenty of cargo and passenger room so that everyone can stretch out and feel comfortable. Learn more about the new 2020 Honda…
If you’re looking for the power, capacity, and performance of the big sibling of the Honda CR-V, then the new Honda Pilot is an ideal option for your Bayonne commutes and Newark weekend adventures. Explore all the 2020 Honda Pilot trim levels below to find the SUV that fits you with the experts from Metro Honda….