What is the Honda Sensing Package?
Next to the stellar safety ratings of new Honda vehicles, the Honda Sensing package stands as further proof of the automaker’s commitment to your well-being. This Honda safety suite helps give drivers throughout Bayonne and Newark a greater awareness of their surroundings by way of its bundle of cutting-edge active driver assists.
If you’re wondering, “Is Honda Sensing worth it,” why not compare it to similar safety systems like Subaru Eyesight? Be sure to visit Metro Honda in Jersey City for a test drive of any Honda Sensing-equipped vehicle on our lot.
Honda Safety Features: What Does Honda Sensing Include?
The Honda Sensing package is found on all 2018 Honda Accord and Honda Clarity models and can also be acquired on certain trims throughout the rest of the Honda lineup. For instance, if you opt for the new Honda Civic Sedan, Honda Sensing comes standard on the Touring trim and is also available on the LX, EX, EX-T and EX-L models with an automatic transmission. The Honda Sensing package boosts safety to new heights with driver assist technologies that include:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS): Using a millimeter-wave radar sensor, CMBS is able to identify slowing or stopped vehicles ahead and, in certain circumstances, will automatically brake if the driver takes no action.
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW): FCW, which works alongside CMBS, can detect straight-ahead vehicles with its forward-facing camera. Should you fail to react, CMBS will then implement automatic braking.
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW): With its camera, LDW is capable of recognizing lane markings; if the system thinks you are unintentionally drifting from your lane, it’ll will utilize both visual and audible warnings to alert you of your movement.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC): While also acting as a traditional cruise control that lets you set a predetermined speed, ACC goes one step further by also allowing you to set a distance interval, which it will then maintain through automatic braking and acceleration of your vehicle.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS): At speeds of 45 mph and higher, LKAS uses steering torque to help keep your vehicle centered in its lane.
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM): If the system thinks you’re leaving the road unintentionally or switching lanes without using a signal, RDM can apply steering torque to return your vehicle to its previous position.
Experience Honda Sensing at Metro Honda
To see Honda Sensing technology in action, contact Metro Honda today to schedule an appointment! You can even learn more about other safety features like Honda LaneWatch™. At our Jersey City Honda dealership, we look forward to demonstrating all the ways the new Honda lineup can help keep you safe.
Recent News from Metro Honda
Drivers looking for a compact Honda model for sale that can keep them moving on Bayonne and Newark roads and offer plenty of the latest advanced features should look no further than the 2020 Honda Civic. This updated model is packed with the latest technology features to keep you comfortable, connected, and safe, along with…
A reliable and fuel-efficient sedan can truly take your Bayonne and Newark commute to the next level, but to round out your ride, you’ll also want some outstanding features at your fingertips. With the 2020 Honda Civic Sedan interior features, you can get all the connectivity, comfort, and safety you need to take on the…
A fuel-efficient SUV can keep you moving, no matter if you’re in the Bayonne and Newark area or traveling far from home. And, the 2020 Honda Pilot MPG ratings offer up plenty of reasons why this Honda SUV is capable of getting to where you need to be and more. Take a closer look at…