What is the Honda Sensing Package?
Next to the stellar safety ratings of new Honda vehicles, the Honda Sensing package stands as further proof of the automaker’s commitment to your well-being. This Honda safety suite helps give drivers throughout Bayonne and Newark a greater awareness of their surroundings by way of its bundle of cutting-edge active driver assists.
If you’re wondering, “Is Honda Sensing worth it,” why not compare it to similar safety systems like Subaru Eyesight? Be sure to visit Metro Honda in Jersey City for a test drive of any Honda Sensing-equipped vehicle on our lot.
Honda Safety Features: What Does Honda Sensing Include?
The Honda Sensing package is found on all 2018 Honda Accord and Honda Clarity models and can also be acquired on certain trims throughout the rest of the Honda lineup. For instance, if you opt for the new Honda Civic Sedan, Honda Sensing comes standard on the Touring trim and is also available on the LX, EX, EX-T and EX-L models with an automatic transmission. The Honda Sensing package boosts safety to new heights with driver assist technologies that include:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS): Using a millimeter-wave radar sensor, CMBS is able to identify slowing or stopped vehicles ahead and, in certain circumstances, will automatically brake if the driver takes no action.
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW): FCW, which works alongside CMBS, can detect straight-ahead vehicles with its forward-facing camera. Should you fail to react, CMBS will then implement automatic braking.
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW): With its camera, LDW is capable of recognizing lane markings; if the system thinks you are unintentionally drifting from your lane, it’ll will utilize both visual and audible warnings to alert you of your movement.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC): While also acting as a traditional cruise control that lets you set a predetermined speed, ACC goes one step further by also allowing you to set a distance interval, which it will then maintain through automatic braking and acceleration of your vehicle.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS): At speeds of 45 mph and higher, LKAS uses steering torque to help keep your vehicle centered in its lane.
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM): If the system thinks you’re leaving the road unintentionally or switching lanes without using a signal, RDM can apply steering torque to return your vehicle to its previous position.
Experience Honda Sensing at Metro Honda
To see Honda Sensing technology in action, contact Metro Honda today to schedule an appointment! At our Jersey City Honda dealership, we look forward to demonstrating all the ways the new Honda lineup can help keep you safe.
Recent News from Metro Honda
Finding a safe SUV for your family doesn’t have to be a challenge with highly rated Honda models like the 2019 Honda CR-V. Learn about the Honda CR-V safety ratings and hi-tech features at Metro Honda, then find a Honda CR-V for sale to take one home! Learn More New Inventory IIHS 2019 CR-V Ratings The IIHS**…
Committing to regular tire rotations can both extend the life of your tires and boost the performance of your vehicle. What does tire rotation do exactly? Regularly rotating tires helps prevent any individual tire from wearing out before the others. Learn more about tire rotation below and then visit our Metro Honda service center to see…
An all-wheel-drive system engages the rear wheels to improve traction and performance, letting Bayonne drivers handle a variety of terrains. The Honda AWD system allows Newark drivers to navigate around no matter what season it is in their new Honda model. Find out more about how Honda AWD works, and which models you can find it…