What Is Good Mileage On A Used Car?
Looking for a new car? Mileage is important. Previously, driving a used car that had more than 100,000 miles on it wasn’t worth buying. However, your choice will rely on maintenance and repair history. Find out how location, condition, and usage influence can help you make your Hoboken choice at Metro Honda!
When considering a used Honda model, consider the following factors:
- Condition – Have a certified mechanic check the vehicle for upcoming repair issues like rust or engine problems and figure this amount into your budget.
- Maintenance – Make sure the vehicle has been brought in for routine maintenance tasks like oil changes. If it has a spotty maintenance history, it could be a sign of problems to come.
- Use – 75,000 miles of stop and go traffic wears more a vehicle quickly than 75,000 highway miles. Ask for the previous owner’s driving history before you buy.
- Location – If a vehicle is coming from a dry, warm climate, it’s under less stress than a car that’s coming from a cold, wet climate.
Ultimately, you’ll want to consider a wide range of factors when choosing your next used car!
Mileage vs. Age
- Cars that haven’t been driven regularly can have higher repair costs. Not driving a car can cause drivetrain issues or cracking in rubber seals.
- A car with a well-documented maintenance history should take preference over one that hasn’t been taken care of.
- Cars with low mileage sometimes have a premium associated with them.
If you’re thinking about purchasing a used car that is newer but has higher mileage, it may still be a great value. Looking for the best of both worlds on mileage and age? A Certified Pre-Owned model may be your best option.
Find Used Cars Near Hoboken Today
When looking for a used car, consider not only mileage but age, repair history, and other major factors. If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to contact us at Metro Honda so we can help!
More from Metro Honda
If you’re looking for a reliable hybrid to keep you moving on Bayonne and Newark roads, then the new Honda Insight is a great choice. But don’t just take our word for it! The 2020 Honda Insight reviews are in and critics are not only praising this model’s incredible fuel efficiency but also its sleek…
Many Bayonne and Newark drivers upgrade to an SUV for the extra room and comfort, and the 2019 Honda CR-V dimensions are sure to impress. Whether it’s extra cargo and passenger space or an exterior built to support this durable SUV, there’s plenty to love about this Honda model. Read on to learn more about…
If all-wheel drive is a must-have for your new SUV you might be asking yourself, “Does the Honda Pilot have AWD?” Though front-wheel drive comes standard, the 2020 Honda Pilot does have all-wheel drive as an available option across both 6-speed and 9-speed automatic transmission configurations. Below, the Metro Honda experts will detail exactly which models…