What Is Good Mileage On A Used Car?
Looking for a new car? Mileage is important. Previously, driving a used car that had more than 100,000 miles on it wasn’t worth buying. However, your choice will rely on maintenance and repair history. Find out how location, condition, and usage influence can help you make your Hoboken choice at Metro Honda!
When considering a used Honda model, consider the following factors:
- Condition – Have a certified mechanic check the vehicle for upcoming repair issues like rust or engine problems and figure this amount into your budget.
- Maintenance – Make sure the vehicle has been brought in for routine maintenance tasks like oil changes. If it has a spotty maintenance history, it could be a sign of problems to come.
- Use – 75,000 miles of stop and go traffic wears more a vehicle quickly than 75,000 highway miles. Ask for the previous owner’s driving history before you buy.
- Location – If a vehicle is coming from a dry, warm climate, it’s under less stress than a car that’s coming from a cold, wet climate.
Ultimately, you’ll want to consider a wide range of factors when choosing your next used car!
Mileage vs. Age
- Cars that haven’t been driven regularly can have higher repair costs. Not driving a car can cause drivetrain issues or cracking in rubber seals.
- A car with a well-documented maintenance history should take preference over one that hasn’t been taken care of.
- Cars with low mileage sometimes have a premium associated with them.
If you’re thinking about purchasing a used car that is newer but has higher mileage, it may still be a great value. Looking for the best of both worlds on mileage and age? A Certified Pre-Owned model may be your best option.
Find Used Cars Near Hoboken Today
When looking for a used car, consider not only mileage but age, repair history, and other major factors. If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to contact us at Metro Honda so we can help!
More from Metro Honda
Finding a safe SUV for your family doesn’t have to be a challenge with highly rated Honda models like the 2019 Honda CR-V. Learn about the Honda CR-V safety ratings and hi-tech features at Metro Honda, then find a Honda CR-V for sale to take one home! Learn More New Inventory IIHS 2019 CR-V Ratings The IIHS**…
Committing to regular tire rotations can both extend the life of your tires and boost the performance of your vehicle. What does tire rotation do exactly? Regularly rotating tires helps prevent any individual tire from wearing out before the others. Learn more about tire rotation below and then visit our Metro Honda service center to see…
An all-wheel-drive system engages the rear wheels to improve traction and performance, letting Bayonne drivers handle a variety of terrains. The Honda AWD system allows Newark drivers to navigate around no matter what season it is in their new Honda model. Find out more about how Honda AWD works, and which models you can find it…