How to Jump Start a Car
Imagine you’re stranded with a car that won’t turn on. It happens to every Bayonne and Newark driver at some point. What do you do? Luckily, our service professionals at Metro Honda are here to help! Follow our step-by-step instructions so you can be back on the road in no time.
Jump Start Your Car Step-by-Step
Before you can get started, check to make sure you have a few essential pieces of equipment:
- Jumper Cables
- Another Vehicle
Once you have those, simply follow the instructions below:
- First, make sure the problem is with your car battery. If you turn the key and the engine fails to turn over at all, chances are the issue is a dead battery.
- Track down a second vehicle or a portable generator. If you have a portable generator with jumper cables, then you’re all set. If not, you’ll need to find a working vehicle and take out a set of jumper cables.
- Put the two cars nose to nose, then make sure both vehicles are in park. This positioning allows the jumper cables to reach both batteries. If that’s not possible, having them side-by-side should be fine as well.
- Attach the red clip to your vehicle’s positive terminal. The positive terminal is larger and likely has “POS” or “+” on it.
- Attach the red clip to other vehicle’s positive terminal.
- Attach the black clip to other vehicle’s negative terminal.
- Attach the black clip to an unpainted metal surface on your car that isn’t located near the battery.
- Turn on the working vehicle and wait a few minutes.
- Turn on your vehicle, and try again in a few minutes if it doesn’t work right away.
Prevent Your Car Battery from Dying
Now that you know how to jump-start your Honda vehicle, make sure your vehicle doesn’t die in the first place. However, in the event that you need an entirely new car battery, stop by our parts department so we can take car of it for you. Be sure to explore the parts and service specials at Metro Honda. Be sure to check out some of our other service tips like understanding your timing belt or the Honda battery warranty!
More From Metro Honda
If you’re looking for a reliable hybrid to keep you moving on Bayonne and Newark roads, then the new Honda Insight is a great choice. But don’t just take our word for it! The 2020 Honda Insight reviews are in and critics are not only praising this model’s incredible fuel efficiency but also its sleek…
If you’re looking to take your commute to the next level, then the new 2020 Honda Pilot is a great choice. But don’t just take our word for it! Some of the most reputable automotive critics and organizations are praising this midsize SUV in their Honda Pilot reviews. That’s why Metro Honda is here to break…
For Jersey City drivers interested in the new 2020 Honda Accord price, look no further. Across six trim levels you’ll find various starting prices and unique features while all options nod to the proud lineage of the original Honda Accord. Read on below or contact our team about the available trim levels of the 2020 Honda…