How to Clean Floor Mats
Car floor mats protect your Honda car from dirt, snow, mud, sand, and spills, so it’s no wonder they get so dirty. What is the best way to clean your floor mats? Newark drivers looking to clean their floor mats need look no further than Metro Honda for a few helpful tips.
What You’ll Need
There are a few basic supplies you’ll need before cleaning:
- Rubber Floor Mats
- Rubber floor mat cleaner
- Stiff bristle brush
- Hose and bucket
- Microfiber towel
- Carpet floor mats
- Carpet floor mat cleaner
- Hose or bucket of water
- Wet vac (if possible)
- Place to hang your mats
How to Clean Carpet Floor Mats
- Remove the floor mats from your vehicle.
- Vacuum the floor mats to remove to remove dirt.
- Shake and whack the floor mats against a hard surface to rid them of dust and smaller dirt particles.
- Use a cleaner designed for carpet floor mats and apply it to your floor mats. Make sure you follow the application directions on your particular cleaner, as they can vary.
- Scrub the mats for remove any stains and ground in debris.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- If you have access to a wet vac, try vacuuming your floor mats again. This will help remove any additional dirt, as well as cut the drying time of your mats.
- Hang your mats to dry. Make sure they are completely dry before placing back in your vehicle.
How to Clean Rubber Floor Mats
- Start by removing the rubber floor mats from your vehicle to avoid damaging the interior of your vehicle with water.
- Shake out the mats.
- Rinse the mats with clean water.
- Apply a cleanser designed for rubber mats and gently scrub with a stiff bristle brush to remove additional grime and debris.
- Rinse the mats clean.
- Hang up to dry or dry with a microfiber towel. Make sure mats are completely dry before replacing.
Rely on Metro Honda for Cleaning Help!
Now that you know how to clean your floor mats, make sure you have the right materials to get the job done the right way. Stop by the Metro Honda service center and schedule an appointment online to make sure you have everything you need. Contact us to learn more about the Honda battery warranty.
Drivers looking for a compact Honda model for sale that can keep them moving on Bayonne and Newark roads and offer plenty of the latest advanced features should look no further than the 2020 Honda Civic. This updated model is packed with the latest technology features to keep you comfortable, connected, and safe, along with…
A reliable and fuel-efficient sedan can truly take your Bayonne and Newark commute to the next level, but to round out your ride, you’ll also want some outstanding features at your fingertips. With the 2020 Honda Civic Sedan interior features, you can get all the connectivity, comfort, and safety you need to take on the…
A fuel-efficient SUV can keep you moving, no matter if you’re in the Bayonne and Newark area or traveling far from home. And, the 2020 Honda Pilot MPG ratings offer up plenty of reasons why this Honda SUV is capable of getting to where you need to be and more. Take a closer look at…