How to Clean Floor Mats
Car floor mats protect your Honda car from dirt, snow, mud, sand, and spills, so it’s no wonder they get so dirty. What is the best way to clean your floor mats? Newark drivers looking to clean their floor mats need look no further than Metro Honda for a few helpful tips.
What You’ll Need
There are a few basic supplies you’ll need before cleaning:
- Rubber Floor Mats
- Rubber floor mat cleaner
- Stiff bristle brush
- Hose and bucket
- Microfiber towel
- Carpet floor mats
- Carpet floor mat cleaner
- Hose or bucket of water
- Wet vac (if possible)
- Place to hang your mats
How to Clean Carpet Floor Mats
- Remove the floor mats from your vehicle.
- Vacuum the floor mats to remove to remove dirt.
- Shake and whack the floor mats against a hard surface to rid them of dust and smaller dirt particles.
- Use a cleaner designed for carpet floor mats and apply it to your floor mats. Make sure you follow the application directions on your particular cleaner, as they can vary.
- Scrub the mats for remove any stains and ground in debris.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- If you have access to a wet vac, try vacuuming your floor mats again. This will help remove any additional dirt, as well as cut the drying time of your mats.
- Hang your mats to dry. Make sure they are completely dry before placing back in your vehicle.
How to Clean Rubber Floor Mats
- Start by removing the rubber floor mats from your vehicle to avoid damaging the interior of your vehicle with water.
- Shake out the mats.
- Rinse the mats with clean water.
- Apply a cleanser designed for rubber mats and gently scrub with a stiff bristle brush to remove additional grime and debris.
- Rinse the mats clean.
- Hang up to dry or dry with a microfiber towel. Make sure mats are completely dry before replacing.
Rely on Metro Honda for Cleaning Help!
Now that you know how to clean your floor mats, make sure you have the right materials to get the job done the right way. Stop by the Metro Honda service center and schedule an appointment online to make sure you have everything you need. Contact us to learn more about the Honda battery warranty or service tips like how to read tire numbers or how to check car oil.
When you’re shopping for your next crossover for your Bayonne commute, then you not only want to make sure you have power, spacious, and fully loaded model but also one that can keep you safe no matter where the road takes you. That’s why the 2020 Honda Pilot safety ratings demonstrate offer drivers more…
When it comes to dependable sedans, it’s no wonder so many new and experienced Bayonne drivers turn to models like the 2020 Honda Civic. This newly updated sedan lineup features top-of-the-line Honda engineering along with other performance features that deliver a truly well-rounded ride. Learn more about how you can benefit from the new 2020…
Bayonne drivers have comes to appreciate the incredible performance and capabilities of the 2020 Honda Pilot, but this Honda crossover also provides the ample interior room you need to take everything you need along for the ride. The new 2020 Honda Pilot cargo space and dimensions are specially crafted to secure your belongings and keep…