How to Clean Floor Mats
Car floor mats protect your Honda car from dirt, snow, mud, sand, and spills, so it’s no wonder they get so dirty. What is the best way to clean your floor mats? Newark drivers looking to clean their floor mats need look no further than Metro Honda for a few helpful tips.
What You’ll Need
There are a few basic supplies you’ll need before cleaning:
- Rubber Floor Mats
- Rubber floor mat cleaner
- Stiff bristle brush
- Hose and bucket
- Microfiber towel
- Carpet floor mats
- Carpet floor mat cleaner
- Hose or bucket of water
- Wet vac (if possible)
- Place to hang your mats
How to Clean Carpet Floor Mats
- Remove the floor mats from your vehicle.
- Vacuum the floor mats to remove to remove dirt.
- Shake and whack the floor mats against a hard surface to rid them of dust and smaller dirt particles.
- Use a cleaner designed for carpet floor mats and apply it to your floor mats. Make sure you follow the application directions on your particular cleaner, as they can vary.
- Scrub the mats for remove any stains and ground in debris.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- If you have access to a wet vac, try vacuuming your floor mats again. This will help remove any additional dirt, as well as cut the drying time of your mats.
- Hang your mats to dry. Make sure they are completely dry before placing back in your vehicle.
How to Clean Rubber Floor Mats
- Start by removing the rubber floor mats from your vehicle to avoid damaging the interior of your vehicle with water.
- Shake out the mats.
- Rinse the mats with clean water.
- Apply a cleanser designed for rubber mats and gently scrub with a stiff bristle brush to remove additional grime and debris.
- Rinse the mats clean.
- Hang up to dry or dry with a microfiber towel. Make sure mats are completely dry before replacing.
Rely on Metro Honda for Cleaning Help!
Now that you know how to clean your floor mats, make sure you have the right materials to get the job done the right way. Stop by the Metro Honda service center and schedule an appointment online to make sure you have everything you need. Contact us to learn more about the Honda battery warranty or service tips like how to read tire numbers or how to check car oil.
The Honda CR-V has remained a customer favorite in the Bayonne area year after year, so it’s no surprise to see these popular SUVs on the roads of Newark. And, with eight different 2021 Honda CR-V colors to explore, you can stand out from the crowd with your own unique style. From Crystal Black…
The Honda CR-V is great for drivers looking for a combination of interior space and exterior durability. While the Honda CR-V allows you to perform on the Bayonne roads, it also allows you to look good as well. Compare the wonderful assortment of 2022 Honda colors with Metro Honda to see which color option accurately…
If a sporty, fun-to-drive subcompact crossover SUV is at the top of your wish list, you should take a look at the new Honda HR-V. In addition to its roomy interior, a wide array of convenient features, and spirited performance capabilities, you will also benefit from the impressive 2022 Honda HR-V MPG rating which…