Does the Honda Pilot have AWD?
If all-wheel drive is a must-have for your new SUV you might be asking yourself, “Does the Honda Pilot have AWD?” Though front-wheel drive comes standard, the 2020 Honda Pilot does have all-wheel drive as an available option across both 6-speed and 9-speed automatic transmission configurations. Below, the Metro Honda experts will detail exactly which models have it, and how useful it is on Bayonne roads.
Honda Pilot AWD Models & Engine Specs
Among the five Honda Pilot trim levels, all-wheel drive is available on the LX, EX, EX-L, and Touring models, and it comes standard on the 2020 Honda Pilot Elite and Black Edition trims with 9-speed automatic transmissions. All Honda Pilot configurations come equipped with the same V6 engines, but the models are separated by their differing automatic transmissions.
- Honda Pilot Engine Specs
- Direct-injected i-VTEC® V6 engine
- 280 hp
- 262 lb-ft of torque
- Honda Pilot LX, EX & EX-L Transmission
- 6-Speed Automatic Transmission (6AT)
- Honda Pilot Touring, Elite & Black Edition Transmission
- 9-Speed Automatic Transmission (9AT) with Shift-By-Wire (SBW) and Paddle Shifters
Intelligent Variable Torque Management™ (i-VTM4™) AWD
What does Honda’s unique all-wheel drive system do for drivers on Newark roads? The Intelligent Variable Torque Management™ All-Wheel Drive technology adjusts the amount of torque in each wheel for more control on Jersey City roads. This can help enhance driving in almost any weather condition by:
- Allowing variable front-to-rear distribution of engine torque to send power to the wheels in need of traction.
- This system also allows the dual electro-hydraulically actuated clutch packs to activate separately allowing for variable amounts of torque to be distributed to each rear wheel independently.
The system is able to precisely meet traction needs and enhance stability in rain, ice, snow, and anything else mother nature can throw at your Pilot.
Honda Pilot Performance Features
The Honda Pilot AWD models have several performance features outside of all-wheel drive that help enhance Hoboken driving. Some of these features include:
- Hill Start Assist
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control
- Brake Assist
- Blind Spot Monitoring System (BSI) with Cross Traffic Monitor
- Available Honda Sensing® safety suite and driver assist technologies
Test Drive the Pilot at our %%di_city %% Dealership
Take control of your Staten Island commute with our Honda Pilot lease deals! Once you’ve compared the Honda Pilot to the competition (spoilers: it does pretty darn well) or checked out the Honda Pilot trim levels, Pilot MPG ratings, schedule a test drive to confirm all the positive things you’ve heard. We look forward to seeing you soon!
More Honda Pilot Features
If you’re looking for the power, capacity, and performance of the big sibling of the Honda CR-V, then the new Honda Pilot is an ideal option for your Bayonne commutes and Newark weekend adventures. Explore all the 2020 Honda Pilot trim levels below to find the SUV that fits you with the experts from Metro Honda….
A fuel-efficient SUV can keep you moving, no matter if you’re in the Bayonne and Newark area or traveling far from home. And, the 2020 Honda Pilot MPG ratings offer up plenty of reasons why this Honda SUV is capable of getting to where you need to be and more. Take a closer look at…
If you’re looking to take your commute to the next level, then the new 2020 Honda Pilot is a great choice. But don’t just take our word for it! Some of the most reputable automotive critics and organizations are praising this midsize SUV in their Honda Pilot reviews. That’s why Metro Honda is here to break…